Friday, May 31, 2013

day 31: the last best place

A vivid memory...I remember feeling like I could reach out and touch heaven. It was my first visit to Glacier National Park, Montana. Steve and I were visiting my sister Allison, and I was SO excited to see real mountains. I know there are many other beautiful places with big mountains, much bigger than even in Northern Montana, but I instantly fell in love. Big sky country they call it. The skies are SO blue. It literally feels like you’re in the clouds. I remember the first day we hiked to Hidden Lake on Logan Pass in the park{highly recommended by the way!}. I felt like Heidi in the Swiss Alps. I felt small and insignificant, yet free and alive. I felt just a tad closer to understanding how majestic and awesome our Creator God truly is.

And then there was THIS at the end of our trek.




I also keenly remember feeling oh so sick on the descent down the mountain to Lake McDonald Lodge. I had a case of altitude sickness - also known as AMS{acute mountain sickness}. It wasn't pretty. I remember laying on a bench outside and seeing Steve and Allison eating dinner together through the restaurant window. Looking back we all still joke about it.

Steve if you're reading this...which you better be!...can we plan a trip to Montana soon? Pleeeease??? :)

Tomorrow, I write about NOTHING! I'm taking a break from blogging for a bit. I survived the blog every day in May challenge! Thanks for sticking with me. Happy weekend and happy June!



 
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Sickness and all I am sure it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous. Makes me want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now I feel as if I must go to Montana- minus the altitude sickness of course.

    ReplyDelete