Sunday, May 12, 2013

day 12: I miss my friend

I miss my dear sweet April. She is one of those friends who's been like a sister, mother, mentor, role model, and of course friend, wrapped up in a pretty bow. Writing about her makes me miss her so much more.

I met April when I was a freshman in high school(or was it 8th grade?}. She was newly married in her early 20's, and I thought she was the coolest, most fun person ever{including her crazy husband, Dave}. Our relationship started as kid/youth group leader, but it didn't take long for Steve and I to form a tight bond with April and Dave. In fact, they knew us BEFORE we were even a couple. That was more than ten years ago mind you. As Steve and I continued dating, graduated high school, and got married, they became some of the most dearest and closest friends a couple could ever ask for.

April has wiped tears and held me in her arms many times as I poured out my broken heart to her. We've laughed  and laughed to the point of tears, as well. She has and continues to encourage and challenge me in my faith. She's one of those friends you can be completely yourself, and feel better as a person after spending time together.

Have I mentioned how much I miss her? I should clarify, I miss the WHOLE Spencer family. Three adorable kids included. Steve and I often refer to them as "our Spencers". Can you tell we are a bit possessive? ;) We just can't help it. We love them. They are a whole package deal kind of friendship. A friendship where you can sit around and do nothing but stare at each other{or travel together...see photos below} and still be content.

My family sort of took Dave and April under their wings when they moved to Lancaster as newly weds many years ago. In fact, I consider the Spencers more than just friends, they are our family. And I{we} miss them so much!

It's been 20 months since they left the US to serve God overseas. I couldn't be more proud and honored to support them as they follow the Lords leading. Thankfully, we were able to see them and get a taste of their new life on a recent missions trip. And, thankfully we get to see them in less than a week as they visit the states for a family members wedding! So excited!! We will take what we can get! Regardless of our distance{approx 5,000 miles!}, I am so blessed to have her in my life. Thank goodness for technology; facebook & Skype in particular!

I know it's cliche, but I can say with confidence that we will be friends forever. :)

That is all... I miss you and love you Ape!

And for your viewing pleasure...a conglomeration of Olsen/Spencer photos. We like to have fun. And see the world together. :)

Aw, baby Jenna

D.C. 2009





Typical Dave/Steve behavior

Baby Noah is in there!

Noah, born in December 2010

Puerto Rico! Caribbean Cruise 2011

St. Thomas



Bermuda :)



this one always cracks me up

my favorite photo of the four of us

Ah, yes.

Photo bombing!



 we don't take things too seriously...



 Antigua



  
:)



Albania, overlooking the Ionian Sea



So what if Noah's my favorite? ;)



{Tomorrow: an apology} 


3 comments:

  1. The Spencers are family and always will be! They've blessed us many times over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful I get to sit next to you as I read this :) So many memories in this pics...Wow, you are such a HUGE part of my life! I love you more than words can say! Hmmm...where else can we go and add to these pictures??

    ReplyDelete