Thursday, August 1, 2013

WHAT THE WHAT, IT'S AUGUST!

August is a big month for us. Big as in moving our selves and all of our belongings a whole five minutes down the road. Lord willing, we'll be in the new place in just three short weeks! I can't help but feel a bit nostalgic as we have been packing away the memories of our first place. Sniff. It's true that I have already mentally checked out of our house. She's treated us well, but we are feeling more ready than ever to settle into something a bit bigger with a bit more privacy. I've been imagining us lounging on our covered deck while taking in the view of our beautiful back yard. Happy sigh. I think I'm most excited that the yard is fenced in. This will make our lives as dog owners a bit easier. I don't mean to sound like a grinch neighbor, but I also don't appreciate the neighbor kids driving their power wheels through my yard as if it were public property. #townhomeproblems. That's right, I just used a hashtag in my blog. I like to keep things interesting around here.


I'm sorry to say I don't have any more pictures of the new place to share{some of you have asked}. I stole this one from Zillow. But, don't you worry. There's plenty more where that came from!{hello home alone 2 reference}

We're starting off the first weekend of August with a bang. Two birthday parties for some of my most favorite people...my niece and sister-in-law. And! Steve surprised me with tickets to see Hillsong Live in concert on Sunday evening! "Now you can check it off your bucket list," he said. He's a keeper that husband of mine. He sure spoils me! It'll be one of those crazy non-stop fun busy weekends. We will somehow manage to get more packing done in between.

Here's to August!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen others do the blog hash tag thing and I dig it. Yay for party weekend and HILLSONG! Oh Scoops.

    Please do a before and after of EACH room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house looks really nice. Congrats to you & your man. Definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete