Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Random Thoughts Tuesday

First off, can I just say I have the greatest friends and family ever? Things haven't exactly been easy lately, but oh do we feel loved on by so many! People may wonder, how can you say "God is good" in the midst of pain? He is the God that comforts {see 2 Corinthians 1:3-4} and he uses other people to bring comfort and joy, even when circumstances in life just plain suck. So, I just wanted to give a shout out to YOU! You know who you are. My mom. My sister{s}. My dear sweet friends. My church family. My Steve. And the list goes on. Even my pain in the butt goldendoodle brings comfort! When he curls up on the couch beside me and rests his head on my lap...I can't help but say, thank you Lord! You are good! Okay, maybe that sounds silly, but it's true! You just have to {do your best} focus on the blessings. Even when I am hurting, I can't help but feel blessed and thankful for my loved ones. Thank you God for providing what I need in the moment.
Secondly, I can't remember the last time I went to Wal-mart. Just throwing that out there. I usually HAVE to go there about once a month to stock up on bathroom essentials such as shampoo and toothpaste...they're just too expensive at the grocery store. BUT, I'm so excited that I discovered Amazon {let's just take a moment to thank The Lord for Amazon} also has most of these items for the same price, if not cheaper! I'm an Amazon Prime member {so worth the 80 bucks a year} so most of the stuff gets shipped for free in two days! Win win! Maybe you too can skip a trip to Wal-mart by doing this. You're welcome. 

As I type this I'm listening to Pandora. I'm singing along to the song I and Love and You by The Avett Brothers. Another great band! And guess what?! Allison introduced me to their great sound. Fun, easy to sing along to music. Bummer is I found out they're playing in Philly when we'll be vacationing in the Outer Banks. Well, that's not the bummer. The timing is just a bummer. Oh well! I suppose I have been to enough great concerts this year. Speaking of which...

Hear ye hear ye! The Olsen's are going to see 30 Seconds To Mars live in concert at the end of September! Score! The excitement cannot be contained. Mumford & Sons take two! Although this time we get to see Jared Leto {ladies, can I get a swoooon} instead of Marcus Mumford. We will have fun.  
Indeed, there will be much to blog about coming up in the next several months.

I gotta wrap this up because we're heading on over to Olsen Central for dinner tonight! Woot woot! We normally don't go more than a week without seeing one another and it's been...what...ten days?! Say it ain't so! A mid week meeting of the Olsen's had to be in order. Bonus, my brother in law can cook like it's nobody's business. Thanks, Matt! 

Have I mentioned before that I have THE cutest niece and nephew ever? It's true. And I'm not just saying that. It's a fact.
See?

I'll end with this thought. Lets try to focus on the good in our life, because let's face it, there will always be some sort of bad happening. On the other side of the coin, there is always something to be thankful for. You know how that song goes..."count your blessings...name them one by one...count your blessings see what God has done..."

Anyway...happy Tuesday! At least it's not Monday. See? I'm focusing on the good. It's not too hard. Just takes some practice :)


2 comments:

  1. Yay for 30 Seconds. Yay for Olsen midweek get togethers. Yay for this post.

    Boo on missing The Avett Brothers. But Leto? Swoon is RIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to stay positive, Holly. Love you.

    ReplyDelete