Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Random Thoughts Tuesday

Randomness. That's what I will write about on Tuesday's. Whatever is going through my mind I will attempt to spill out onto my blog. I know the excitement is hard to contain! Apparently this is what bloggers do. Pick a day of the week. Write about a certain subject or topic. I thought I'd create my own. Only difference is there's no specific topic OR subject. Bear with me.

Last night we had the whole house/termite inspection for our new home{eek!}. Overall it was very uneventful. Although, I may or may not have skipped around in the yard and did a ballerina twirl or two throughout the home. Other than some minor issues, and the fact that we couldn’t find the switch to turn the gas fireplace on, I’d say all went well! No signs of termite damage, either. Phew! I feel it's worth noting there was a 1990’s radio/cassette tape player mounted under the kitchen cabinets. The tape inside was the dirty dancing soundtrack. My only question is, since it’s attached, does this mean it’s ours?

Here’s another sneak peak of our future home. A lovely view into the backyard. Happy sigh.


Moving on...

What I’ve been listening to as of late: Fleet Foxes. I will say I have to be in the mood to listen to them. It will look as though Steve is in pain as soon as I mention them. It’s really not that bad, people! Steve is just critical and does NOT appreciate my taste and variety in music. Oh but his voice! {the singer, not Steve’s} It’s beautiful. SO WHAT if it’s a bit over the top in the “mountain music” genre?! {is this even a genre? I do not know}. My sister Allison introduced the band to me while I was visiting her in big, beautiful Montana. Ding ding ding! Now things are starting to make sense. ;) I will ALWAYS trust my sister’s taste in music. After all, she introduced me to The Lumineers. Enough said. Fleet Foxes' sound would be best enjoyed on a long road trip, or while enjoying nature on a hike in Glacier National Park with a granola bar in hand. Kidding! Sort of. I’m really into their album “Helplessness Blues” right now. A favorite song that I’ve had on repeat is this. I'm loving this album. Oh the sweet harmony! It's just pretty. Easy to listen to. My ears are happy. I’ve been singing it to myself all week. I just love music.

Fleet Foxes
image via pinterest


The End.


2 comments:

  1. I. Love. This.

    And yes. The tape and player are all yours baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty cool song, i probably would listen to the album :)

    ReplyDelete