Friday, July 19, 2013

we bought a house! almost.

What started out as a spur of the moment crazy idea on the deck at my parents house, turned into the pending sale of our home and pending purchase of our dream home! All within six weeks, mind you! Who says the real estate market is slow, anyway? Ha!

Preparing your home for the market is no easy task. I thought I was organized. I thought we didn't have clutter. I thought we would stick a for sale sign in our yard and call it done and done. I thought wrong. There was lots to do, people. I wanted to heed my agents advice and purge, minimize, and de-clutter. That was the beginning of May. Fast forward four weeks and our home is ready for the market! Not only did we organize and make our house look as "model home like" as possible, we added tile back splash in the kitchen{thanks Jordan!} and a brand spanking new faucet to complete the look. When all was said and done, we were proud as can be of the result. Only regret? Why didn't we do this sooner?!


Fast forward to mid June. No showings. No interest. The end of June rolls around and all we can account for is one measly showing. Frustration sets in and our minds get geared up for the long haul. And then, bam! We got four showings within one week! We were encouraged by the sudden interest in our home and prayed and hoped someone would love it enough to buy it. July fourth weekend I got a text from my agent saying a buyer wanted to look at it a second time! Long story short, our home is under agreement and we couldn't be more thrilled at how quickly and effortlessly it sold! All of our hard work paid off.
And so, the fun part begins! House hunting! I've spent hours and hours of my life watching House Hunters on HGTV{just ask Steve. Or my mom}. It was finally our turn to nitpick, tour homes, and enjoy the ride{at least this was the goal}. After looking at some not so perfect homes that we sort-of-kind-of convinced ourselves we liked, along came a new listing that would soon be deemed our dream home! As in never thought we could find or afford kind of dream home. We are over the moon in love with it. Steve and I both equally. And that's saying a lot. Of course it's not for sure yet...we need it to appraise, we need our financing to come through, we need inspections etc etc, but we're on the right track! And we can hope and pray and dream that it all works out.

A little bit about said dream home:

-The back yard is freaking amazing...a covered deck AND a huge patio. It backs up to a mini-forest{half of the lot is wooded} so there's lots of trees and privacy.
-The yard is fenced in. You're welcome Jacob.
-There's not only one, but TWO fireplaces. One in each of the TWO family rooms.
-It's move in ready...maybe needs paint in a room or two? Hallelujah!
-There's a rocket room. You're welcome Rocket Man.
-It has that warm-fuzzy-I-want-this feeling as soon as we walked through the door. This is important, my friends.

Okay, I'll stop now. I'm sorry if it appears that I'm showing off. I'm just very excited{!!!}. It's only the most expensive purchase of our 20 something lives. I can't tell you how many times I've texted "eek!" to my family and friends this past week. Just ask Laurie.

Here is a sneak peak of the back yard. The rest will have to wait until we are holding the keys in our hands.


Stayed tuned, so far things have been progressing without a hitch. Fingers crossed!

Next up, packing.

Happy weekend! :)


2 comments:

  1. Love the new look!

    And woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proper staging is the fastest way to make your house a standout in the market. Finding the right real estate agent is also a big plus. With all the competitors, we should give our house only the best to make it sell faster with ease.

    -Leonard George @ Remax-Crest-Vancouver-BC

    ReplyDelete