Saturday, April 13, 2013

rocketeer

To say my husband likes his hobby is an understatement. This hobby involves launching, and it involves a rocket(s). Not only that, but hours spent building, tinkering, and perfecting said rocket. Might I add that he builds it from scratch. It also involves  me, the wife, being patient and understanding. I really deserve some merit for this very act. ;) But, I love him, and he loves his hobby, so I guess that means that I also love his hobby? Hmm, not so sure about that yet. I will admit my squinting eyes are quite thrilled as they follow the rocket higher and higher into the sky after a successful launch. They are not always successful, you see. But, that's part of the fun of it, I guess. I'm still working on the understanding part of this hobby. 

So, today, I venture with my sweet husband to a place called Price, Maryland. A place where fellow rocket lovers gather to launch their masterpieces, or just to simply "ohhh" and "ahhh" over the creation of another rocketeer(correct terminology? I do not know). And today is a Saturday. I can't be left to my lonesome while Steve is gallivanting with fellow rocketeers(honey, correct me if I'm wrong). So, I shall join the ranks of rocketeers to try to appreciate and UNDERSTAND what the fuss is all about. This will be my second rocket launching event. The first was eventful to say the least. But, that story can be saved for another time. And it involved camping. CAMPING! I used to like camping, you know. Okay, I'm starting to rabbit trail...my apologies.

And for your viewing pleasure...
Isn't he just cute?
Proud rocketeer
Steve's current masterpiece in progress. Alas, it is not launch ready for today's festivities.
I'd say that's a big rocket.
Move aside Steve, Amaw wants in on the action.

P.S.- I looked up "rocketeer" in the dictionary and apparently it's a superhero from a comic dating back to the1930s. Good to know.


3 comments:

  1. Rocketeers are really cool,
    they use their wits and yes some tools.
    They design and formulate and figure some more,
    Then with the ship they are out the door.
    They send it high into the sky,
    then run to catch it on the fly.
    Yes rocketeers are really that much,
    They always have a special touch.
    Their hearts are good and full of fun,
    So enjoy the day out in the sun. :)
    (from the father-in-law of a Rocketeer)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha love it, dad! Steve said " I don't know how he comes up with these things." :)

      Delete
  2. I believe there is a movie called Rocketeer. Staring John Locke. ;)

    ReplyDelete