Friday, April 12, 2013

seasons and weather

Just like the changing of weather, our lives are not always going to be sunny, OR dreary for that matter. It’s a Friday, and today is raw and rainy. Not exactly a  cheerful, “I want to break out into song”  kind of day. But, when a new day dawns and the sun is bright and warm again, it’s a reminder that things are not always as bad as they had once seemed. Today is today. Nothing more, nothing less. It is a gift, whether the sun is shining or not. I am reminded of one of my all-time favorite scripture passages.

“Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.”
Lamentations 3:23-24(NIV)

Every morning. Not most mornings, or some mornings, or even once a week. EVERY morning. What a comfort. What peace we can have, as believers, that His love, mercy and faithfulness are renewed over and over again.  Sometimes, I just need a change of perspective. I look outside through the rain drop covered windows and see gray sky. But, something catches my eye! I see bright green buds dotted on a tree as it sways in the rainy breeze. Spring is here! Winter is behind us, for now. Just like the changing of seasons, our lives are not always going to be Spring or Summer. But, no matter what season of life I am in, I will not be consumed, because of the Lords great love.

Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment: