Thursday, August 29, 2013

This is me pretending to have a green thumb

Humor me. I'm trying! Okay, so clipping off Black Eyed Susans then placing them into a vase is not exactly considered gardening per se.... Buuut, I thought it'd be a great idea to take advantage of these cheerful wild flowers overtaking growing in my back yard. I'd say my thumb turned one shade greener today. 

^^^see? we've inherited a lot of Susans
^^^one of the happiest flowers if you ask me
^^^not too shabby, am I right?
^^^I just love that view
^^^this is where you say ohhhh and ahhhh

As you can see I was feeling outdoorsy this afternoon. So, right after work I went to Target to purchase spider pesticide spray stuff, as well other various items{this is not the outdoorsy part fyi}. Just in case you were wondering, we have a spider problem. This is to be expected they tell me. After all, half of our lot is wooded. And, since you are also probably wondering, yes, I am indeed arachnophobic. At an alarmingly high degree. I refuse to go outside at night. That's when they come out of their hiding places. The spiders around these here parts aren't your average run-of-the-mill spiders. I'm talking large and in charge big ass{literally} eight furry legged demons friends. It's safe to say they will be invading the home in no time at all, unless something is done. So, I came home, swept the deck of any cob webs, leaves and debris, and sprayed away to my hearts content. I also feel it's important to note that I used pet friendly spider spray. Just in case you were wondering whether or not I was a neglectful goldendoodle mom. I know you were wondering...admit it.

Spider saga to be continued...



5 comments:

  1. Love those flowers! They are quite friendly!!! Love this post too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunflowers are such a happy flower! You're right about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://shahd-alriyadh.com/spraying-of-pesticides-in-taif/
    I love those bright flowers

    ReplyDelete