Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dream Home Becomes a Reality!

We did it! It's been five days and I can't get this silly grin off my face. Yes, this is how happy I am about said dream home turned into my home. Eek! It has been a whirlwind of a week, but boy oh boy, did we accomplish a lot!

First, I just wanted to take a moment to say how truly grateful we are to all of our friends and family that helped out during the big move. You guys rock! Seriously, though. Our new neighbors were very impressed with how many were here to support us. Nosy neighbors, I tell ya what. ;) No, but really. You are also the reason I am sitting here with a glass of wine, reclined on the couch and typing away. You see, there's really nothing major and/or urgent left for me to do {as far as unpacking is concerned}. So, thank you!

It was very odd saying good bye to our first house. After everything was moved out and cleaned up, Steve and I stood in our empty house with feelings of both relief and nostalgia. It didn't take long for me to make a beeline for the door in an attempt to stop the tears from flowing. I needed to get out of there, pronto! It was just too emotional.

So, in memory of and for your viewing pleasure...

^^^good bye first house. you've been good to us.

I will say that once settlement was over and the movers were gone, it has been nothing but smiles ever since! I keep asking myself, "is this really our house?" Or I'll tell Steve, "I can't believe we're here!" followed by "I love our house!" Needless to say there are no regrets. We have already met and spent time with several of our neighbors, and let me tell you, we seem to have won the neighbor jack pot if you will! More on that later. :)

Without further ado, here are some snapshots I took with my trusty side kick, the iphone.

^^^"why yes, i will indeed relax here, thank you very much." -me talking to my deck chairs
^^^new house calls for new bedding, I say! from target, of course.
^^^enjoying the sunset from the deck. *happy sigh
^^^view of patio from the deck. hello future party space.
^^^view of the back yard from the deck. that's pinot grigio fyi.

And there's much much more where that came from. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Yay new place! It's awesome and you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new house!!! Beautiful view!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You have an amazing view!

    ReplyDelete