Thursday, December 12, 2013

Get to know me: Christmas style

My lovely sister-in-law over at Andiamo has tagged me to participate in this little Christmas Questionnaire.
 
 
 
Questions:
1.What do you love the most about Christmas time?
The five senses are awakened over the holiday season. I love the sent of pine and cinnamon. The sound of bells ringing and carols singing. The feeling of warmth from the fireplace on your skin. The sight of sparking lights decorating neighborhoods and streets. The taste of snickerdoodles and hot chocolate. 


2. Do you celebrate the holiday in style or is Bah-Humbug for you?
 I'd say, yes. I do celebrate in style. I mean, I decorate my house, I bake cookies,  I send out Christmas cards...so that makes me definitely NOT bah-humbug.

3. Are you leaving anything out for Santa Claus this year so he remembers to leave your presents?
When I was a kid I used to leave out milk and cookies. Now? No. Who needs Santa when you've got a husband that spoils you.

4. What is the one gift you are most looking forward to GIVING? {It can be to your kids, another family member, etc – remember to be discreet if they read your blog!}
Almost everyone that I'm giving a present to reads my blog. Mum's the word!
 
5. What is your all-time favorite Christmas movie?
Home Alone 1 and 2. 
 
You’re what the French call les incompetents. 
 
I could go on and on. So many good lines in these movies. And, there's plenty more where that came from. *hands Cedric a stick of gum*
#Win The Polar Express, A Christmas Story, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Home Alone, The Polar Express, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Frosty Returns, Santa Claus is Coming to Town.
6. What is your all-time favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night is my all-time favorite. It's just beautiful.
 
I also love this rendition of The Little Drummer Boy. I know, it's super 80's and all, but it's more like the memories this song provokes that I love. My dad used to blasts this over the living room speakers and me and my sisters would dance around and around.
 
 
7. If given the opportunity would you participate in an “Ugly Sweater” party and what sweater would you wear?  Peruse one on the internet or even in your own closet and show us!
Yes! In fact, I'm hosting my very first ugly sweater Christmas party tomorrow! And, I will being wearing an ugly sweater, of course. ;) You'll have to wait and be the judge of how ugly it is when I post about later.

8. Have you started any Christmas traditions this year that you plan on carrying forward?
Uhm, yes! Since my birthday and Christmas are only a month apart, I asked Steve for a trip to NYC as a combined birthday/Christmas gift. We are already planning to go next year...and hopefully with this crazy couple.
 
9. It’s Christmas morning … what does it look like outside where you live?
It looks kind of dreary out. It's usually cold. 
 
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.
10. You just found yourself standing under the mistletoe … who comes up to give you a kiss first?
Do people still do this? And to be quite honest I don't think anyone just "finds" themselves under the mistletoe, I mean really. But, to be fair I will answer the question. If not my husband Steve, then most definitely the other man in my life...Jake.

So there you have it folks. And just throwing this out there...only thirteen days until Christmas!!!! Just think, tomorrow we can sing The Twelve Days of Christmas in all it's glory.

2 comments:

  1. I said the same thing about the mistletoe. Haha..I've never had one in my entire life and I've never found myself under one either. Love the smell of pine and cinnamon. Both scream CHRISTMAS to me!

    ReplyDelete