Sunday, December 8, 2013

Ding Dang Dong

NYC day two. I didn't sleep well. I'm a light sleeper and I didn't have my fan. But, due to a little thing called technology I used a noise app on my phone to mimic the sound of a fan. But, my body wasn't fooled and knew it was a fake, hence the bad nights rest. Also, my feet were already hurting and we didn't even check out of the hotel yet. I'm complaining, aren't I? I'm sorry. All in all it was another successful day in The City!


^^^Because I forgot to add this picture to day 1's post. The line was wrapped around the building. But, we waited. It was worth it, just in case you were wondering.

^^^We started off day two walking to Central Park.

^^^Ain't much better in here, kid.

^^^Is this the bridge where Harry and Marv get arrested at the end of Home Alone 2? We humored ourselves and pretended it was.



^^^"KEVIN! You spent $967 on room service!"

^^^Have I mentioned before that we like to entertain ourselves?

^^^New York's most exciting hotel experience!


^^^That's me waiting for a limo to pick me up to see Duncans Toy Chest: "five floors of cash"

^^^For you readers who haven't seen Home Alone 2{shame on you!} this is the Plaza Hotel.

^^^Where Kevin reunites with his mom. AKA Rockefeller Center.

^^^Lunch at Eataly. Next time you visit NYC...GO THERE! So good.

^^^After lunch we started heading towards the High Line and stumbled through this neighborhood...

^^^...and I wanted to live here. So charming. Also, probably very expensive. One can dream, right?

^^^The High Line is an elevated park built on a 1.5 mile section of the former New York Central Railroad, which runs along the lower west side of Manhattan.


To be quite honest the High Line really wasn't all that exciting. Although, it was nice to avoid traffic lights. I'm thinking in the summer it would be more enjoyable. Also, at this point we were getting tired, sore and cranky. So, it's possible we just weren't in the right frame of mind{and body} to fully appreciate it.

Next we stopped at a Starbucks{they're EVERYWHERE!} to grab a coffee and then we were off to Penn Station. Let me just say, Penn Station the Sunday after Thanksgiving is madness. I don't know whose bright idea it was to not inform the passengers of the track their train would be arriving on until TEN MINUTES before boarding...but that's how it works. Needless to say it was an every man fends for himself kind of situation. The important thing is that we made it on the train. Phew.

It's become sort of an Olsen family travel tradition. ;)

Next year we will make sure to go when the tree is lit.

3 comments:

  1. Making me even sadder we didn't go saturday. And my post title was actually going to be ding dang dong. Great minds. Love all the HA2 quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha great post. love me some NYC during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came over from Laurie's blog to check yours out. Love it.

    Looks like it was a great time! I so wanted to go there one day. Love the Home Alone 2 quotes that is one of my fave Christmas movies.

    ReplyDelete