Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Lately: at 34 weeks

The windows are open. Cool breeze is flowing through the house along with the sound of birds singing. It's hard to believe it's the end of July! Not just because it feels like the dry mountain air of Montana, but because there's still no baby! I thought for sure I would have a July baby {I know, knock on wood there's still three days left}. In fact, looking back at my time spent in the hospital it was looking like we would be having a June baby!

I am just feeling so thankful today. It's probably the weather. I mean really, I was sitting outside on the deck this morning and I was cold. It felt so lovely though. It has left me longing for the smell of camp fires and the taste of all things apple and cinnamon.

Another reason to be thankful...


We've reached a huge milestone: we are into our 34th week of pregnancy! Not much else is new around here. Steve is almost finished making a bookcase for the nursery. And then, the nursery will be complete! Sans baby of course. :) Pictures to come, soon.


Surprisingly, the weeks have gone by fairly quickly. But, by the time Friday rolls around, I am itching to have some human interaction and appreciate having Steve around the house. Most days I start off watching the Today Show while eating my cereal and drinking coffee. Then follows in no particular order...reading, watching TV or a movie, floating in the pool and day dreaming about Sydney's arrival until Steve gets home. I will admit it's very relaxing and I'm trying hard to appreciate this down time without being jealous of the scores of people heading to the beach or mountains for long weekends and doing other normal summer activities. I keep telling myself there will be a time for that again soon enough. But, oh, am I itching bad with the travel bug! It is what it is.

In other news, I've been craving watermelon, cantelope, lemon yogurt, soft serve ice cream, and cereal. Can't get enough of the previously mentioned. I thought that was worth noting.

Sleeping has become a joke. If I can sleep three hours straight at a time I deem the night a success. My poor bladder. She can only handle so much. I consider this a good thing, though. My body is getting ready for baby's arrival! Soon I'll be needing to get up every couple of hours to feed her anyway.

Tomorrow I have my weekly doctor appointment. We shall see where things stand, but I have noticed these darn braxton hicks contractions seem to be getting a tad more uncomfortable and intense lately. Does this mean labor and delivery are right around the corner? That seems to be the question of my summer.

Oh! And I forgot to mention that last Wednesday we had a growth scan ultrasound, and Sydney is continuing to grow steady in the 14th percentile and weighed in at approximately 4 lbs 4 oz! We will have one more growth scan at 36 weeks.

We are just so excited to meet her and hold her! We are still in awe at this miracle growing inside of me.
James 1:17. We put this on Koty's christening invites. Love this quote. All our kids are a good and perfect gift from above.
Holly xoxo


3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you made it either! It's huge! And this weather is insanely strange. I was outside and felt like I should be wearing a sweatshirt. Fall is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Sydney is still hanging in and waiting for a safer time. The weather has been really weird here too. It is either smoking hot or fall without no inbetween. I have been having the travel itch really bad lately too. I have been working to much to get away. We are finally going away this weekend though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful, Holly! I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery.

    ReplyDelete