Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Breech: AKA my bladder is a kickboxing bag

It's hard to believe it's already July! Some of you have asked if I'm going nuts yet while at home on bed rest. Yes, I do get antsy and bored, but I'm also enjoying the relaxation while I can! Soon, yes very soon {eek!} life will be far from "relaxing".
LOL cracks me up

Yesterday was my weekly doctor appointment. Although I'm still experience contractions, I am not in active labor due to the fact that there are no changes in my cervix...everything looks stable! This is very exciting as I have made it to the "30's" {30 weeks and 2 days today}! Thank you, Lord! Next week they will measure Sydney so please continue to pray she grows grows grows! We are hoping she stays above the 10th percentile and starts gaining that baby fat...just in case she decides to show up early. But so far she is looking healthy and perfect! I was able to see her little chest and belly rising and falling as she was "practice breathing", and she was even sucking on her fingers. I die. So freaking cute.


I apologize for the poor picture quality. It's not easy taking an already fuzzy ultrasound pic with your iphone camera and hoping it turns out well. So in case you are confused, this is a picture of Sydney sucking on her fingers. I won't blame you if you don't see it. ;)

Sydney is breech and has been for quite some time. The doctor is saying it's unlikely she will turn head down, so it's looking like she'll be delivered via c-section. Hey, as long as she gets here safely, that's what's most important. Ah yes, time will tell...the most over used phrase in my vocab right now.

In the meantime I'll be making frequent pee breaks while my future soccer player #bandwagon makes good use of those twinkle toes on my already squashed bladder.

Holly xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Ya for 30! Stay in there as long as you can Sydney! I feel for you and your bladder. Mine is super sensitive on it's on I can't imagine having a kicker in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hashtag bandwagon. Oh you and your cleverness. You know my thoughts on a csection. Let's just fatten little miss Sydney up first. ;)

    ReplyDelete