Wednesday, June 25, 2014

An update: 29 weeks

We made it to 29 weeks! Every morning, one of the first things I do is thank God for another day that Sydney could stay growing inside of me. Each day is a gift!


There's not much new happening around here, and for that I'm thankful! Yesterday I had my weekly ultrasound and NST{non stress test}. Cervical length is remaining stable, which is great news! The NST is still showing mild contractions, but since they are sporadic and not increasing in intensity there is nothing to worry about at this point. I was reminded to keep resting and stay hydrated! :) They also took measurements of Sydney and she is currently in the 11th percentile for size. This makes me a tad anxious, but the doctor said they normally don't start to worry until she falls below the 10th percentile...very reassuring Doc. ;) At this point he said she's "petite" but looks perfect! The ultrasound tech also spent several minutes focusing on her heart...she must have sensed that I was starting to freak out. The reason she was spending so much time looking at her heart was because she was admiring at how beautiful and perfect it was! I smiled proudly as I let out a big sigh of relief. Every time I hear the pitter-patter of my little one's heart, I can't help but hold back tears. My heart feels so full.

I would ask if you could please be praying that I would not obsessively worry about her size, and that she would continue to grow strong. Like I said, the doctor did not seemed too concerned, and just mentioned something about more monitoring and tests if she does fall below the 10th percentile. Another way you can pray for me specifically is getting more restful sleep at night. This is when I tend to worry and my mind goes a mile a minute, so sleep has not come as easily or soundly as I would like. I know rest is important for both me and baby!

Quote for baby girl's room!

Here is a sneak peak from my baby shower this past weekend. I plan to write more about this later, but I will say it was lovely and that I could not have asked for a more beautiful shower or more beautiful and thoughtful women in my life. Blessed blessed blessed!


So far I am not going too crazy at home. I appreciate the meals, cards, and visit so much! Netflix, social media and reading has kept me occupied during the day. And believe it or not, as annoying as he can be, it's nice to have Jake around to keep me company.

I want to give a special shout out to Steve...who knew you could clean so well?! It has been so nice not worrying about the cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry and the list goes on. I know you are going to be such a good daddy! You take such great care of Sydney already. Besides, it's about time you learn how to clean the toilet. ;) 

Holly xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Oh yes Scoops! And hang in there more Sydney! Momma is such a nice home. Stay in there a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes! stay in there little chica :) love it. and can't wait to read about the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for 29 weeks! Keeping hanging in there both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete