Wednesday, July 9, 2014

All that waiting paid off {my baby shower}

A celebration I had thought several times I would never experience. This is a dream come true. For years I struggled and wondered if I would ever get to attend my very own baby shower. When the time finally arrived, the scare of preterm labor threw a wrench in to things. Thankfully, the show went on! Modified bed rest or not! It was supposed to be a surprise, but due to the fact that we weren't even sure I'd make it to my shower I sort of had to know when it was. I was still unaware of all the details, the location, etc so my mom was able to keep most things a secret. It was so much to take in!

My parents gave us a glider for the nursery, so I was able to use it at the shower to stay relaxed and resting during the festivities. Must follow doctors orders! There was lots of family and friends gathered. Lots of delicious food. Lots of gifts - all things baby. Lots of cute onesies and clothes. Lots of children's books. Lots of love. I am so blessed. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking, but let me tell you, the shower was the most beautiful baby shower I have ever been to. Okay, so maybe I'm being just a tad partial. But, I'll let you be the judge of that as you scroll down. {sorry in advance...I had a hard time narrowing down which pictures to share!}

Pictures courtesy of my Aunt Cindi and sister-in-law, Laurie. Thank you!




 




 




 






 






 



















 

I wanted to personally thank my mom, my Aunt Cindi, my sisters Mandy, Erin, and Laurie, and dear friends Michelle and Bekah. Wow, I am so humbled by how much time, energy and thoughtfulness you all contributed into making this shower so special to me. Words cannot accurately describe how much it meant to me, and how much you all mean to Steve, Sydney and I. Your love and kindness did not go unnoticed and I appreciate you all each so much. Love you!

Holly xoxo

3 comments:

  1. You are so very very welcome. :) it was a good train! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful shower! The decor is fabulous. Those ladies really know how to throw a party. Love the picture of you and Laurie and your bellies! Oh and such cute dresses!

    ReplyDelete