Friday, August 15, 2014

...while I have a burst of energy

So it's been almost two weeks postpartum. It's been such a roller coaster ride! I won't go into the birth story now, but that will come in time! I miss blogging, in fact there is a lot of things that I miss since becoming a mom, which I now can safely say is the most difficult job on earth! There are so many things going through my mind, yet at the same time it's hard to form those thoughts into words because my mind is a jumbled mess as it's coping with no sleep and raging hormones.

I just wanted to let you all know I am still here and I hope to be able to blog on a more regular basis soon! I know how important it is to document these feelings and memories and that time will fly by, even when it seems I won't survive another sleepless night! I've learned no one can prepare you for what's ahead as you go from taking care of just yourself, to taking care of a helpless tiny human being who is completely dependent on you. It boggles my mind still that she belongs to me and that God has entrusted her to my care. It's beautiful and I am in awe of how perfect her little features are. She is truly fearfully and wonderfully made.

My days have been consumed with feeding her. Since she is a preemie she is still having some problems getting all the milk she needs since she tires easily. So, I have to supplement with a bottle after I breast feed to see if she's still hungry. If she takes the bottle, then I pump as well. It's just a long process, but I know it's worth it and hopefully soon she will be strong enough to exclusively nurse. Every day she seems to get a little stronger and a little chubbier. :) She had her first well visit this past Monday at the pediatrician and gained three ounces in three days! This is a huge success and I go back this coming Monday to make sure she is continuing to gain since she lost a half pound of her birth weight. {She weighed 5 lbs 7 oz at birth and left the hospital at 4 lbs 14 oz). It would be great if she is close to her birth weight on Monday. Please continue to pray she grows strong! She is such a little fighter and makes progress every day. The doctor also said she has a slight case of jaundice, but didn't seem too concerned and suggested ten minutes of sunlight a day. Other than a diaper rash {thank goodness for Butt Paste, it's the best!}, the doctor said she looks good!

Wow, I can't believe how much I'm rambling and I'm sorry for how long this is getting! Obviously I need to get this out of my system. I guess this is what being house bound will do to you ;). No one to talk to! Tomorrow I am looking forward to taking her to my parents house for our young married couples church group BBQ{now that's a mouth full haha}. It will be nice to get out and do something "normal".

I'll end with some pictures of my little peanut. And I hope this post didn't sound like I was complaining, because I am not. I am just admitting how hard motherhood is! I know the hormones and exhaustion doesn't help. And I also know, this too shall pass.

It has been such a long journey to get to parenthood. And it was so worth it.






Holly xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I go from oh she looks just like holly to oh she looks just like Steve! She just can go either way. Little sweetie. You got this. You are woman. Hear you roar and all that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"ll be praying that she continues to gain weight and becomes healthier by day right too. She looks like such an angel. :)

    ReplyDelete