Thursday, May 21, 2015

A Very Casual Mother's Day

"She'll look so cute," I thought to myself as I picked out a purple and white striped dress for Sydney to wear to church the next day. The little number had Mother's Day written all over it. She never did wear that dress, nor did we ever make it to church. Sickness strikes at any time it darn well pleases. After a frantic midnight call to her pediatrician, our nerves were put at ease to know, that indeed, she did NOT have a piece of burger stuck in her lung {ahem, first time parents}. We were told it sounded like croup or the start of a cold. Which, it was.

Needless to say, we did not go to church. But that is okay. Steve made breakfast, and Sydney gave mommy a new fossil tote! At such a young age, this girl has quite the fashion sense. 

We enjoyed a leisurely, cotton romper, pizza eating, back deck sitting sort of afternoon. And the day ended with a lovely, casual back yard cook out at my sister's place. There were hot dogs, and burgers, and delicious drinks make with gin and pineapple. There was laughing and baby holding (albeit, tears). We even managed to get a family picture of all of us, sans Allison, which rarely happens these days it seems.





hipster in the making. #kale






 
 

So, alas, the only picture I have of myself and daughter on my first Mother's Day is sitting on a camping chair in our non-church attire. What matters is that we were together, and that is enough.

Thanks for hosting, Mandy! 

Holly xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Leesha has a big girl camera!? My only picture of Letty and I on mothers day in our nice attire that first year I neglected to remove her bib. It happens. And hey! Kale!!! Syd is so trendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it turned out to be a good 1st Mother's despite the rough start. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s too bad that you weren’t able to go with your original plans due to Sydney being sick, but it seems that you guys had fun regardless. At least you got to the bottom of it ASAP, so that your little girl won’t be uncomfortable for long. Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well. Good day!

    Paul Quinn @ MedCare Pediatric

    ReplyDelete