Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tour De Olsen East

We have this thing going with Steve's two brothers. We've titled our residences Olsen West, Central and East.

We are a creative bunch.

Since we are located in the eastern most part of the country, our home has been dubbed Olsen East. The eldest of the Olsen clan resides just just a hair to our west, hence Olsen Central. 2,800 miles even further west lives Steve's younger brother Dan. Process of elimination = Olsen West.

Now that I've bored you out of your gourd >>> {insert fall shout out here}, let's move along to the house tour. Compliments of my sister-in-law's sweet camera. Side note: these were taken at our housewarming party, hence the food spread in the dining room. Stay tuned for more on the party...it was a success. Also, I may have never been as tired as I was following that shin dig. Four words: a lot of tours. It didn't take long to change out of my flats and into my flip flops. I've still got a bad case of summer feet. They need freedom and fresh air. Also, I have self diagnosed case of the bunions. You're welcome.

As you can see we've pretty much set up house. Scratch that, we HAVE set up house. I'm OCD like that.

^^^la familia room

^^^view into family room from the kitchen. love the tile flooring :)

^^^where i cook


^^^great views from the dining room. and, I know....the chandelier needs to go.

^^^formal living/we don't use room. the theme is travel. it's a work in process.

^^^finished walk-out basement, gas fireplace included. sold!

^^^guest room. come stay with us! I'm serious.

 ^^^where dutch ovens are perfected and Olsen night terrors are common

 ^^^rear view from the patio
 
^^^the patio and backyard and four Olsens looking confused.

^^^there's a reason we have a recycling bin on our patio. i'll give you one guess.

Many more pictures were taken that night. You can check them out here. I'll also be posting about the party soon. Soon is such a broad term, isn't it? I'm just impressed at how much I've accomplished so far this month. And it's only been one day! For example, I woke up at 6:15 to work out...and I liked it. Shocking I know, said the most non-morning person ever. I even had time to make myself scrambled eggs. Because one who works out needs protein. And last but not least, I blogged! This merits attention due to the fact that I only blogged once in September.

Feeling good, people! Here's to October. The best month ever. At least that's what everyone on social media is saying.

4 comments:

  1. Guess who's back. Back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!! Can't wait to come stay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. love the house. 2. the confused olsen pic may be my fav. 3. i nominated you for a blog award. cheeeeckkkk out my post today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful home Holly.
    I got a really good chuckle about the Olsen West, Central & East as we have Kelley South (us) Kelley Central (hubby's parents) & Kelley North (hubby's brother & his wife). We are not as spread out as the 3 Olsen households as the North is probably less than 100 miles from us.

    ReplyDelete